In order to honor and describe the beauty and enchantment of Puerto Rico I would need multiple volumes. “Puerto Rico lo hace mejor…” – [Puerto Rico does it better…], is the islands motto and I will tell you why that is. Recognized worldwide as the “Isla del Encanto” [Island of Enchantment] due to its rich natural resources and undeniable Caribbean charm. Being an island rich in talent, cuisine, art, music, education, among many others, the readers of USA Today and 10 Best have selected it as the "Isla Estrella" [All star island]. We produce the most talent per square mile than any other country on Earth. Through its countless stars, Puerto Rico has shone, and continues to glow, more than any other country in the world. With a comparable surface and population density that make Puerto Rico the most efficient talent factory in the world, the most valuable resource that any nation could have.
Making a difference
After receiving a prize for being the best island of the United States we set our mark for being different and became the talk of the town, according to USA Today, Puerto Rico is the premier destination for themed weddings; due to the diversity of destination types within the island itself, making them a dream come true wedding and honeymoon paradise. If you wish to get married at the beach, and have the waves and palm trees be your hosts, there are many locations to pick from in Puerto Rico! Among them one of the best beaches in the world located in Culebra.
If you are an earth child and just crave to be in touch with nature, Puerto Rico ecotourism must be part of your list, from zip lining in "Toro Verde" in Orocovis, one of the longest in the world, the bioluminescent bay in Fajardo, an incredible ecosystem. In the entire world there is only 6 bioluminescent bay's and Puerto Rico is home to 3 of them, an unbelievable experience. We have a number of cave systems to explore like "Cueva Ventana" one of our most popular ecotourism sites as it is home to an interesting legend.
"Cueva Los Chorros", to actually reach this cave system you first have to climb a waterfall, a unique experience in itself!
But, what is it that is so alluring about Puerto Rico in addition to what has already been described, to merit such accolades?
Here are a few more of the many beautiful things that reaffirm the well-deserved recognition:
- 1. Beginning with our year round climate, while winter is cold and uninviting in most places around the world, in Puerto Rico you can take in the sun by the beach or pool.
- 2. It is a bilingual island, easy to communicate with the locals, since English is the second language spoken around the island.
- 3. You don't need a passport if you're an American citizen; we are part of the United States territory.
- 4. You can enjoy the tropical island life or luxurious accommodations around the island.
- 5. "El Yunque" is the only natural rain forest in the United States - it is so amazing it was nominated to be one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- 6. The beaches in Puerto Rico are so beautiful that they are constantly being selected as part of the top ten beaches in the world.
- 7. The coffee that is produced here in the island is ranked in the top ten best coffees in the world.
Puerto Rico is an island full of natural beauty, and delights in a variety of environments. I am a patriot, truly proud of my Puerto Rico.
Krizia Diaz Event Planner & Designer Firm
To see more about our work visit us at www.kriziadiaz.com or email.